Monday, March 23, 2020

Pieter Lategan Title: Redraw of Unknown Artist sketch - I call it Pilot

 


Medium: A4 Paper Pencil HB

Pencil sketch of a pilot, G.E. Rawson, dated 29 August 1943. He died, and they assume the body was found by the Germans in World War 2, after an attack and the sea of Cherbourg.

I don’t know who the artwork drew, but it has been signed by the artist, and the date is 29 August 1943, the time of the war.

So what do I think of my own work?

Some of the lines are too hard, and they have been drawn from different angles. I create images with continuous, same pencil pressure. That I need help with. But as soon as I get that when I color in with the pencil with practice, I will be happy. The hair works for me, but I could spend more time on it. The eyes are ok, as is the mouth. I like the nose; it is working but still needs to improve. I still need more practice for portrait pencil sketches, but that will I done. I have been busy since last year, November 2019, and worked very hard this month.

Source:
http://aircrewremembered.com/1943-10-28-loss-of-mitchell-fr174-dieren-bijvoet.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Lauren" - Pieter Lategan

 First Publication: 16 September 2024 5:46 PM Model: "Lauren" - Photo by Pieter Lategan I took this photo last night at #raras the...