Friday, March 27, 2020

 



Medium: A4 Paper Pencil H, HB

I got a photo on the net and I drew it; this photo I got from an artist who uses black and white photos and colors it in. The photo was taken during the Holocaust of a woman. She looks like a man, but you can see she is ill and did not eat.

The artist who colors the black and white photos is Tom Marshall (PhotograFix). He called himself a colorizer and restorer. He is working with some of the world's leading museums, photo archives, and publishers, as well as private commissions and projects undertaken for fun.

So what do I think of my sketch?

Well, I like the ears; that looks good; the eyes are okay; and the mouth. The nose is almost there, and it looks much better, I get the feeling I am starting to understand the draw of a nose. She does not really look sick, but I think the lines are not dark enough. But you can see the woman is not well; there is something wrong with her. I put today's date and year on it, and I think I must continue doing that.


Sources:
https://www.boredpanda.com/history-holocaust-horrors-colourised-tom-marshall/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

https://www.boredpanda.com/author/enquiries_4/?utm_source=google&utm_medium=organic&utm_campaign=organic

No comments:

Post a Comment

"Lauren" - Pieter Lategan

 First Publication: 16 September 2024 5:46 PM Model: "Lauren" - Photo by Pieter Lategan I took this photo last night at #raras the...