Monday, July 29, 2024

I am Vincent van Gogh (Bi-Polar)

 Vincent van Gogh's mental problems 

This Dutch painter died from the consequences of a suicide attempt with a gun 2 days earlier, on 29 1890, at the age of 37 years.

Three art historians who were familiar with Van Gogh from correspondence and other sources, as well as a neuropsychiatric examiner, explained his medical condition.

The conclusion was that Van Gogh suffered from more than one disease or condition within his body at the same time. He also had borderline personality disorder, which is unstable mood, behavior, and relationships. This personality disorder's symptoms include emotional instability, feelings of worthlessness, insecurity, impatience, and impaired social relationships. The treatments include talk therapy or medication, and hospitalization helps for the severe symptoms. It has been said that he likely developed a bipolar disorder, and that worsened through alcohol use. That with a rising psychosocial tension and that led to his suicide. 

(Source: National Library of Medicine)


Title: L'Arlésienne (portrait of Madame Ginoux)
Creator: Vincent van Gogh
Date created: 1890-02
Physical Dimensions: h 65,3, w 49 cm
Type: Painting
Rights: Kröller-Müller Museum, Otterlo, The Netherlands
External Link: Website Kröller Müller Museum
Medium: Oil on canvas


Vahine no te vi (Woman of the Mango)
Paul Gauguin 1892

Left: Eugène Delacroix, Pièta, around 1850, oil/canvas, 35.0 x 27.0 cm, National Gallery, Oslo. Right: Vincent van Gogh, Pièta, 1889, oil/canvas, 73 x 60 cm, Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam. Photos in the public domain



Springs - East Rand - Gauteng - South Africa (1989)


Photo by Unknown


Was young wild, looking for fun.  I got a work at the Department of Education in 1989 as storeman.  Jo-Ann was a friend, she always phoned, we chatted but she married.  She worked for the big boss and had very much trouble with her dad who was an alcoholic.

Every morning I left my grandparents' house to catch the train at the nearest train station.  The walk was not far but in Winter Springs is very chilli.  So I dress warm always with a jacket because was that the dress code and I almost forgot you need to wear a tie.

So in the mornings waiting for the train, there were two types of seats on the train, one for the whites, always clean and there were just a few people it was quiet and the people spoke softly and nicely to each other.  We had to pay, and I was worried if I had money with me because if I didn't they were going to put me out at the next station, then I had two options, walk to the house, which would be closer, or find a public phone box to call my grandfather on the landline, but I doubt that will happen, because I have no cents on me.

So I was very friendly with Natalie and her mother who rode with me on the journey every morning, because if I forgot my money at home, hopefully they would help me with a ticket.

Then after the third, you get more train trucks, that was where the black people, mostly the factory workers and mine workers because it is the City of Gold, were standing and hanging out of the train because there was not enough space for them to sit, it was loud and in the winter is cold, and they were poorly dressed.

So, I was working in the city with a high concentration of Art Deco architecture.


Springs, South Africa - Art Deco's Love Child Photo by https://www.theheritageportal.co.za/

In 1994, I failed my second year in one of my main subjects, which was decor paint. You can't fail art. I could not handle the stress.

I remember Liza's boyfriend calling the Breytenbach Theater and then asking the secretary to go and call the decor lecturer. The decor lecturer rushed down the stairs to the office; we sat and waited, and then he rushed up. He then said, "Liza, Michael called. "Can you please go and talk to him?"  While she was on the phone, he came and harassed me and told me to go and have a look at van Gogh's work. This happened multiple times. I got so angry that I wanted to scream, and that is how Liza made a joke of him.


"The Haunted Theatre" Photo from City Seeker


Credit: PPSA & Fringe Photography


Credit: PPSA & Fringe Photography



Released: 1992
Artist: Inner Circle
Album: Sweat (A La La La La Long)
Genre: Reggae

Lyrics
I've been watching you(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)C'mon!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Hey!
Standing across the roomI saw you smileSaid I want to talk to you-oo-ooFor a little whileBut before I make my moveMy emotions start running wildMy tongue gets tiedAnd that's no lieI'm looking in your eyesI'm looking in you big brown eyesOoh yeahAnd I've got this to say to youHey!
Girl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push it some, more, moreGirl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push itPush it, push it some more(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)C'mon!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)ooh!
So I said to myselfIf she love me or notBut the dreads done knowThat love is his to getWith a little bit of thisAnd a little bit of thatMy lyric goes on the attackMy tongue gets tiedAnd that's no lieI'm looking in your eyesI'm looking in your big brown eyesOoh girlAnd I've got this to say to youHey!
Girl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push it some mo-o-o-oreGirl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push itPush it, push it some more
(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Ooh yeah!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)One more time!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Sing it!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Hey!
Woo woo woo woo wee yeahEyesI'm looking in your big brown eyesAnd I've got this to say to youHey!Girl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push it some mo-o-o-o-oreGirl I want to make you sweatSweat till you can't sweat no moreAnd if you cry outI'm gonna push itPush it, push it some more
(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Yeah!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Push it, push it some more(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Alright!(A la la la la long,a la la la la long long li long long long)Push it, push it some mo-o-o-ore
Source: Musixmatch
Songwriters: Ian Lewis
Sweat (A La La La La Long) [Sweatbox Construction] lyrics © Rock Pop Music

Wait there is more:


Self-Portrait with Bandaged Ear Artist Vincent Van Gogh (Wikipedia)


In the news: 


Mr. Donald Trump was shot in the ear this month 13 July 2024 during his campaign photo at click here Reuters.




No comments:

Post a Comment

"Lauren" - Pieter Lategan

 First Publication: 16 September 2024 5:46 PM Model: "Lauren" - Photo by Pieter Lategan I took this photo last night at #raras the...