Monday, June 17, 2024

Exhibit Your Sculpture - My first Sculpture ( I say that because I just put thought into it...)

 


Artist: Pieter Lategan
Title: "My clothes are taken away from me."

They (Internet, Google) say that curators and galleries only exhibit artists who they heard from.

I try... to... prove... them...
WRONG!!!!  The reason why I put thought in, it is to get somewhere.

This is a sculpture, and I exhibit it myself in my own gallery at my home.

Let's talk about art, sculpture, exhibitions, and about you and me as artists.

I live in the city and bought this property about 18 years ago. It was on the 13th of December 2006 when I met Riaan on Gaydar and chatted; a week later we met at my place here in Hennopspark, Centurion, South Africa.

After Anton and I split, I moved back to my place in Centurion, Pretoria, Gauteng.

I soon realized that I sat with a lot of space. I have this big porch, but it is not covered; it is open. The same size as my unit. So it is big. My unit is a one-bedroom, kitchen, bathroom, and living room, so I can actually go and live on the porch, but I can't cover it.

I was thinking of planting trees, plants, and even veggies, but I will use too much water. Which I can't afford. The thought was to paint and put my paintings there and exhibit them, which I still can do, but the paintings will be standing in the sun for that day. Sun is no good for a painting.

So yesterday I got this idea to start doing sculptures and exhibit them on the porch with no roof...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Men's Shirt Sold for R500

Product is Designed and Developed by  Pieter Lategan and Anton Visser Thank you my friend Wouter Kirsten for your support.  Please come and ...